The street where you live is very polluted. Write to the local council and ask them to act on this situation. You should say:
- What is the main problem?
- How does it affect your street?
- Give some suggestions and request action.
I am expressing my deep concern about the air pollution on Street Number 10. As a resident of this street, I have witnessed a significant increase in air pollution levels, harming both the environment and the local community’s health.
The main problem is the heavy traffic on the street, which is causing high emissions from vehicles. This has resulted in poor air quality, which can be seen and felt daily. The fumes are not only unpleasant but can also be harmful to health, particularly for children, the elderly, and those with pre-existing medical conditions.
Air pollution is affecting our streets in several ways. The smog and fumes make it difficult to breathe and enjoy outdoor activities, and discolour buildings and other surfaces. The increased traffic also causes noise pollution, which can be disruptive and make it difficult to sleep at night.
- I want to suggest that the local council takes action to address this issue. Some measures that could be considered include:
- Implementing traffic management schemes to reduce the number of vehicles on the street.
- Encouraging the use of public transportation and promoting cycling and walking.
- Installing air quality monitoring devices to measure the levels of pollution.
- Implementing a green infrastructure plan that includes trees, green walls, and other vegetation to help absorb pollutants and improve air quality.
I kindly request that the council take this matter seriously and promptly address the air pollution problem on Street number 10. I would be happy to provide any additional information or assistance that may be needed.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Follow Us on IELTSFever Twitter for more updates