WRONG USAGE OF PREPOSITION IELTS EXAM
- Objective case (of Noun or Pronoun) is used after Preposition.
Incorrect- I do not depend on he.
Correct- I do not depend on him.
- The Prepositions used after two words must be made clear if these two words are connected by ‘and’ or ‘or’.
Incorrect- She is conscious and engaged in her work.
Correct- She is conscious of and engaged in her work.
3 . If a Principal Verb is used after about, after, at, before, for, from, in, on, to, that verb must be in ‘ing’ (V4) form.
Incorrect- You prevented me from do it.
Correct- You prevented me from doing it.
- On, in, at, are not used before today, tomorrow, yesterday, the following day, the next day etc.
Incorrect- He will go there on tomorrow.
Correct- He will go there tomorrow.
- No Preposition is used before the word home. At home is a phrase which bears a different meaning.
Incorrect- Bring a T.V. set at home.
Correct- Bring a T.V. set home.
- After Transitive Verbs, like discuss, describe, reach, order, tell, demand, attack, resemble, ridicule, etc. we directly use the object and no Preposition is used after the Verb.
Incorrect- The poet describes about the beauty of natural in this poem.
Correct- The poet describes the beauty of nature in this poem.
- Say/suggest/propose/speak/reply/explain/talk/listen/write is followed by ‘to ‘Preposition if there is a person in the form of object.
- Incorrect- He did not reply me.
Correct- He did not reply to me.
- Incorrect- He did not write to a letter.
Correct- He did not write a letter.
Know more about Usage of Prepositions
WRONG USAGE OF PREPOSITION IELTS EXAM WRONG USAGE OF PREPOSITION IELTS EXAM WRONG USAGE OF PREPOSITION IELTS EXAM WRONG USAGE OF PREPOSITION IELTS EXAM WRONG USAGE OF PREPOSITION IELTS EXAM WRONG USAGE OF PREPOSITION IELTS EXAM