Describe an interesting or unusual thing you did recently or An unusual/interesting activity you have done recently. Or Talk about a useful hand-made tool that you created. Or Talk about a practical skill you have learned recently. Or Talk about something you have learned from a family member. You should say:
- What did you do?
- When and where you did it?
- Who do you do it with?
Sample 1: Describe an Interesting or Unusual Thing You Did Recently
Well, I think to overcome the monotony of daily life everyone tries something or the other to be relaxed.
I also do a lot of activities in my leisure time such as watching TV, surfing the net, listening to music etc.
However, here I would like to talk about an activity which was interesting and wonderful.
It was Kurashiki, an art of making handbags. It is a Japanese technique. I learned this art from my elder brother who has learned it from the internet.
What is Furoshiki?
Furoshiki is an art of making handbags with the help of the cloth. We can use old and spare clothes to do it.It is easy to make and quite attractive. It requires no sewing. We can make a bag using a few knots and twists to cloth.
This bag can be used for many household purposes and also for shopping. I liked it because it is an eco-friendly reusable bag and easy to carry.
The Japanese government is promoting this art in Japan to save the environment. I think Indian govt. should also do the same because it is a wonderful thing. And it can be a very good replacement for the plastic bags
Personally, I have taught this art to my cousins and also to many friends. It is my individual step to save the environment. Thanks
Sample 2: Describe an Interesting or Unusual Thing You Did Recently
Well, this is a good question 🤔. If I had to talk about it, I would talk about my decision to learn swimming 🏊. Honestly speaking, swimming of any form has been a daunting task for me. It happened one day I felt helpless when I saw a man drowning in water.
Believe me, it struck me in my head, and I decided to learn how to swim. In my neck of the woods, there are twin swimming pools in the complex of our college, and one is for adults and the other for kids which are shallow. I opted for training from a certified trainer 🎓 to avoid any possible risk involved. One of the hurdles to overcome was water phobia 😱.
Overall, with the passage of time, I started to enjoy it and finally gained full command of the skill. I learned a lesson worth remembering anything is possible if one is determined 💡. I wish to advance this skill to an advanced level. It was, undoubtedly, an unforgettable experience ✨.
- What kinds of things do families in India do together in their leisure time?
- How do people in India spend their leisure time, for example, after school, after work or on weekends?
- How would you say that people have enough leisure time today?
- How important is free time for children? Why?
- What kinds of activities are popular in your country- outdoor or indoor?
- What is the importance of planning in life?
- Can youngsters do perfect planning?
- How do you think science and technology have changed people’s lives in India in the past few years?
- What is the difference between the planning of youngsters and old people?
- If the planning of youngsters is failed, should they be disappointed?
- What is the importance of failure in life?
Follow Us on the IELTSFever Facebook Page