Describe what you think would be the perfect holiday with audio sample
Duration: 11–14 minutes
In the Speaking test, you have a discussion with a certified examiner. It is interactive and as close to a real-life situation as a test can get.
There are three parts to the test and each part fulfills a specific function in terms of interaction pattern, task input, and candidate output.
- Tell me about the part of the country where you live.
- What are the main ways of earning money in this area?
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of living in this area?
Topic 1 Studying English
- Where have you studied English?
- What do you find most difficult about studying English?
- What’s the best way for you to study English?
- How can speaking English well help you in your life?
Topic 2 Transport
- What is the best way to get around the place where you live?
- How would you improve transport in your town or area?
- How does transport cause pollution?
- Do people prefer using public or private transport in your country?
Describe what you think would be the perfect holiday.
You should say:
- where it would be?
- what activities you would do?
- how long it would last?
- and explain why this holiday would be perfect for you?
Topic 1 Tourism
What are some of the best places in your country for a tourist to visit?
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages that tourism brings to an area?
Could you compare the tourism industry in your country today with that of 50 years ago?
What factors do you think could limit the expansion of tourism in the future?
Topic 2 Holidays
*Why do you think people need holidays?
*How much holiday a year do you think a person needs?
*How have people’s expectations about holidays changed over the last 50 years?
*What do you think holidays will change in the next 50 years?