Talk about a toy you liked in your childhood. You should say:
- What was it?
- Who gave it to you?
- What it looked like?
- Explain why it was a special toy for you?
According to my perspective, life is full of good and bad memories. As my memory serves me well, I vividly remember a beautiful doll gifted by my mother on my 4th b’day wrapped with all of her love. Everybody got awestruck by the outstanding packing of that gift with little bows and butterflies. When she bestowed that toy to me, I felt over the moon after having that toy as I was already obsessed with dolls.
I still recall the doll’s red frilled dress and beautiful golden locks; it was as beautiful as a fairy in my fairy tale book. Indeed it was an overwhelming experience for me. I got so much in love with that dolly, in such a short passage of time that whatever I do and wherever I go, I was keeping it beside me and above all was bragging it in front of my kith and kins. One of notorious cousin played a prank by hiding it, and I got down in the dumps when I didn’t find my doll beside me. However, he soon realized his mistake after seeing my long face and brought it back to me to see the spark in my eyes after having my favourite doll.
As it was the big and adorable doll I ever had in my dolls collection, it is still there with me, and my little daughter also plays with her. I am so thankful to my mom for gifting me such a lovely toy.
Follow up Questions
1. What is the difference between girls’ and boys’ toys?
Although there is a stereotypical approach towards girl’s and boys’ toys, the trends are changing, and now girls also love to have cars, and boys are keen to play with teddy bears. I remember one of my cousins has a massive collection of different types of stuffed toys.
2. Do you believe toys assist in children’s growth?
As the children consider their toys as their best friends, this develops a sense of care and affection towards their belongings by making them more responsible.
3. Does modern technology have an impact on children’s toys?
With the advent of technological gadgets, children tend to play more on their tablets, game stations instead of indulging in any outdoor activities, leading them towards various diseases, such as obesity, visual impairment, and alike.
4. Have we lost our hands skills such as sewing?
To my knowledge, since the dawn of industrialization, there is a colossal upsurge in manufacturing as well as the usage of readymade things. Hence, people need to save their time and wear readymade clothes compared with sewing from their own hands.
5. What toys are popular with children in India now?
Unlike other countries where electronic gadgets have taken over the traditional way of playing with toys, I believe in many of India’s regions; kids still play with their conventional games and toys, such as toys made of clay and wood.
6. In general, do kids today have many toys?
It all depends on the parents’ financial status. If the toys are affordable to buy for them, they will surely love to please their children and vice versa.
7. Do you believe playing with electronic toys has a good influence on children
Although there are more detrimental effects, the qualities of problem-solving and enhancing their creativity are undoubtedly influential. For instance, playing with puzzle games on a tablet and selecting various colours on a colouring app augments multiple skills in the young ones.
Sharing toys and any food items inculcate good habits in the children and make them loving and caring by respecting others’ feelings and making them a noble person.
9. What is the difference between girls’ and boys’ toys?
Girls toys colour is light such as pink, yellow as well as toys are like a doll while boys toys are expensive and in dark colours like red, blue furthermore, the toy is related to realistic stuff such as a car.
10. Do you think toys really help in children’s development?
Without any doubt yes, children have time and playing with toys aid them to develop creativity and learn something new. Some toys succour physically.
11. Does modern technology have an influence on children’s toys?
Well yes, in these contemporary times, the majority of toys are influenced by technology and run by power cell. However, past toys are realistic and had no mechanism for a run, it was simple such as a doll.
12. Have we lost our hand skills such as sewing?
Unfortunately yes, in this industrial era, most of the work is done by machinery Moreover, people are busy with their vocational lifestyle. Hand skill required lots of times for learning and it demands also fall from past few years.
13. What toys are popular with kids in India today?
Nowadays in India, juveniles love to mechanism toys that work on a mechanism such as a remote car.
14. Do you think playing with electronic toys has a good influence on kids?
I don’t think it is good for the child, electronic toys have a chance to demand kids, as well as children, haven’t erudition thus this age is not for them to play electronic toys.
15. Which do you think is better, for children to play with toys alone or with other kids?
I think playing with groups is better for children, children can make new friends and they can learn sharing with share toys with each other. Furthermore, alone offspring is easily bored by playing with same toys.
16. How do you think toys will change in the future?
I think in future, toys will more technical and have a mechanism, some people also claim that chance to have robot toys.
- 1 Follow up Questions
- 2 Here are some examples of follow-up questions that you may ask during your speaking follow up questions by the examiner related to the Speaking cue card “talk about a toy you liked in your childhood.”
- 2.0.1 1. What is the difference between girls’ and boys’ toys?
- 2.0.2 2. Do you believe toys assist in children’s growth?
- 2.0.3 3. Does modern technology have an impact on children’s toys?
- 2.0.4 4. Have we lost our hands skills such as sewing?
- 2.0.5 5. What toys are popular with children in India now?
- 2.0.6 6. In general, do kids today have many toys?
- 2.0.7 7. Do you believe playing with electronic toys has a good influence on children
- 2.0.8 8. Do you think parents should encourage their children to share their toys with other children?
- 2.0.9 9. What is the difference between girls’ and boys’ toys?
- 2.0.10 10. Do you think toys really help in children’s development?
- 2.0.11 11. Does modern technology have an influence on children’s toys?
- 2.0.12 12. Have we lost our hand skills such as sewing?
- 2.0.13 13. What toys are popular with kids in India today?
- 2.0.14 14. Do you think playing with electronic toys has a good influence on kids?
- 2.0.15 15. Which do you think is better, for children to play with toys alone or with other kids?
- 2.0.16 16. How do you think toys will change in the future?
- 2.1 Share Via:
- 2.2 Related